Thursday, February 19, 2015

Settling In

Hi everyone whats up?

So P-day alternates on Tuesdays and Fridays here in Bogotá. I am writing today because we are going to the temple tomorrow even though it’s closed. The temple president is allowing all of the missionaries to go because we have a couple missionaries that still need their endowments. Everything is going pretty good. So to start they have you with other nortes or americans. But your last two weeks you get a native speaker. So in our little district of nortes we have myself, Elder Pace, Elder Reeve, my companion Elder Barlow, Hermanas Tanner, Callister, and Robison. We have about six hours of classes throughout the day and about three of study. We get one hour of physical activity a day. The nortes usually speak mostly english to one another and some of them with Latin comps speak with us because they go crazy from talking in spanish all day. The Latinos speak super fast and are really hard to understand. The food down here is mostly rice, with a side of rice, and rice for dessert. So lots of rice, and hot dogs, because they have a weird obsession with them. This last Monday, President Torres of the seventy spoke to the entire CCM. It was pretty cool even though I could only understand half. We have another seventy speaking this Sunday as well. Then on Saturday we are going teaching outside of the CCM. I’ve learned so much spanish in the past couple of days its ridiculous. It’s only rained once since I got here so it’s pretty disappointing. And for Lily there are lots of birds though none are like Kevin.  And I miss Calvin too. I love you guys talk to you all on Tuesday. 


Elder Westfall  

No comments:

Post a Comment