Monday, April 13, 2015

Walk, Talk, and Eat Ice Cream

Hey everyone, how’s it going?

This week was wet, we got a ton of rain with thunderstorms that had four to five bolts at once. We have some baptismal dates for the 25th of April; I’m stoked because it’s a family. We have been having a lot lessons in family home evenings, which is cool because the members are really helpful. Alot of our lessons are really far but we can power walk to them in 15-20 minutes. And we learned we have a whole other area, so went on Sunday to contact and we got nothing. The last house we contacted was a lady and she asked us if we were Mormon missionaries, and we said yes we are. We asked have you talked to missionaries before? And she said no, but she had a dream either the night before or a couple nights prior, and in it she saw a young man she knew. He died catholic, but he said to her that he was Mormon now and he had a gringo for a companion. We were amazed and we easily made an appointment. But that was a really cool experience. We do a lot of walking and its really hot here, so anytime we are in the neighborhood near the apartment, we get ice cream from this shop. Three scoops for only 2,000 pesos, which is less than a dollar. The ice cream here is delicious. That’s all we did this week - walk, talk, and eat ice cream. 

Love you all, 

Élder Westfall  

*excerpts from an email conversation:
Today I exchanged these street soccer shoes I got last week that melted on the turf, then we bought a jersey and went and ate lunch and hung out at the pensionista`s house. She lives in between us and the red zone of our area (the dangerous part of our area that we should not be in after dark). That’s where our investigators with baptismal dates live and we teach at night sometimes and have to run walk to leave. The investigators live on a nicer street. There is another street we don’t even go near at dusk or later. 

I am collecting all the Colombia soccer jerseys. The one I bought today is a James Rodriguez one. He is Colombia´s best player and he plays for Real Madrid, its pink. It’s pretty sweet. 

My Spanish is doing well, I get nervous sometimes but I’m able to power through lessons and get my point across. 

I got a haircut, it’s really short on the sides I will send you pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment